Mauricio Flores Vargas
Download Printable Version:
Music composer for Visual Media and Interactive Media artist with over 13 years of experience in the music scene. My diverse background, which encompasses concert music, flamenco, jazz and the folkloric music of different Latin countries, helped develop my musical expertise and has resulted in a unique approach to composition. As a practising composer, I am in a dynamic exploration of artistic ideas and new means of expression whether in an acoustic or electronic environment and equally comfortable working for small or large ensembles.
I hold an M.Phil. in Music and Media Technology from Trinity College Dublin, which adds to my BA in Music Composition from the University of Guanajuato (México) and I have obtained a Diploma in Sound Engineering from the Sound Training College.
3D sound design & FMOD authoring
Max MSP & PD Extended
Logic Pro, Pro Tools, Reaper
Composer & Instrumentalist
Sound engineering & Audio editing
Music Composer and Producer
- Compose, produce and arrange original music that shapes and heightens the audience's experience and elicits a deeper emotional connection to the story and creative project.
- Record and produce music for well-known artists like The Late David Turpin.
Simply Music Lessons – Ireland
Acoustic & Electric Guitar, Ukulele, Bass Guitar Teacher
- Provide one-on-one and group lessons for students of mixed abilities, aptitudes and educational needs.
- Offer dynamic lessons for students to play and be involved in music ensembles.
Castleknock School of Music – Ireland
Acoustic and Electric Guitar / Musicianship Theory Teacher
- Provided and plan guitar and theory lessons in relation to the RIAM / RGT syllabus.
- Prepared students for RIAM / RGT examinations, all with results of Distinction and Merit.
Sound Training Productions – Ireland
Project Coordinator and Producer
- Organised and coordinated the production and promotion of "My Lovely EP", the EP Launch concert, and was involved in the recording, mixing, and publishing process.
- Worked with some of the top acts in Ireland, like The Devine Comedy and Duke Special.
Musso Ensamble– México
Guitarist and PR
- Lead Guitarist of Classical, Jazz and Folkloric Music of Latin America.
- Promoted and liaised with festival organisers and clients.
- Participated in Viva la Banda tour 2012, the 54th International Book Fair of Guanajuato, and different forums around the country.
December 2017 to date
February 2017 to date
September 2016 to February 2019
January 2016 to May 2016
July 2008 to April 2015
September 2019 to October 2020
September 2015 to May 2016
August 2013 to June 2014
January 2010 to December 2014
Trinity College Dublin – Ireland
MPhil in Music and Media Technology
Contemporary and Electroacoustic Composition, Spatial Audio, Max MSP and Interactive Systems, Unity3D and FMOD Studio.
Sound Training College – Ireland
Diploma in Studio Engineering and Music Production
Recording Techniques, Mixing Techniques, Music Industry, Electronic Music Production.
Université de Strasbourg – France
Musique et Musicologie – Academic Exchange
Contemporary Music Analysis, Music Conduction, Electroacoustic Music History
Lessons with Philippe Manoury, Eric Mestri, Pierre Michel, among others.
Universidad de Guanajuato – México
BA in Music (Composition)
Guitar instrumentalist, Classical and Contemporary Composition, Experimental Music.